Chelsea boss, Maurizio Sarri has set a new record for the longest unbeaten run by a new Premier League manager in his first season.
This he realised after Sunday’s 3-1 win against Crystal Palace.
Chelsea also made it 11 league games without defeat, taking them up to second place in Premier League table.
They are level on points with Liverpool, but ahead of Jurgen Klopp’s side on goal difference.
It is the longest unbeaten run by a new manager in the English topflight at the start of their reign.
The Italian equalled the 11 games without defeat Frank Clark racked up back in 1994.
However, Clark was in his second season as Forest manager, having got the side promoted from the First Division following the departure of Brian Clough a year earlier. However, the Italian was unconcerned about making history before facing Palace.
Sarri had told pre-match conference, “I don’t want to think about the record.
“We have to think only about the match. We have to think only about how to gain points.
The fans of Juventus and Italian newspaper has condemn the decision of the referee against Cristiano Ronaldo in Wednesday championship game.
THE Italian newspaper Tuttosport has called for referee Felix Brych to be dropped by Uefa after his sending-off of Cristiano Ronaldo in Juventus’ Champions League win at Valencia on Wednesday night, branding the German’s display at Mestalla “shameful”.
Making his first appearance back in Spain since his summer move from Real Madrid to Juve, Ronaldo left the field in tears when he was shown a red card by Brych – following consultation with assistant Marco Fritz – after appearing to grab defender Jeison Murillo’s hair shortly before the half-hour mark.
In an editorial entitled “dedicated to Cristiano Ronaldo”, Tuttosport journalist Xavier Jacobelli on Thursday railed against the “scandalous” performance of Brych and Fritz, labelling the pair’s decision to give Ronaldo his marching orders a “veritable insult to football”.
Germany head coach Joachim Low has ruled out the prospect of Mesut Ozil returning to the national team.
Arsenal star Ozil announced he was leaving international football in July after accusing German Football Federation (DFB) president Reinhard Grindel of discrimination and “incompetence”.
The outburst came after the midfielder felt he had been unfairly targeted from criticism following his meeting in May with controversial Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
In his statement, Ozil said he would not be available for Germany “whilst I have this feeling of racism and disrespect”, suggesting he could return to the set-up if there are institutional changes within the DFB.
However, in Low’s view, the 29-year-old’s international career is at an end.
“In my view, Mesut Ozil has clearly declared his retirement and closed the door by himself with that, so a comeback is not a topic,” he told Sport Bild .
Low stated last week he had tried and failed to get in touch with Ozil after his announcement, admitting he was disappointed the player did not inform of his intentions.
“Mesut did not call me, not to this very day,” he said. “I tried to reach him several times in the past two weeks, via text message, via phone. Mesut has decided to take this path. I must accept it.
“Ozil has been my player for nine years. We’ve experienced a lot together. A few lows, but more highs. We’ve won the World Cup. This will still stay forever.
“I am still of the opinion that he was one of the best players we had in Germany in the last 20, 30 years. One day, we’ll have a conversation. I would have wished for him to inform me personally, and I was disappointed at first.”
The 29-year-old, who club coach Unai Emery wants to see give more, made 92 appearances for the national team, scoring 23 goals and helping them win the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. He was named the national team’s Player of the Year on five occasions.
His last appearance for Germany came in a shock 2-1 loss to South Korea that saw them crash unexpectedly out of Russia 2018 at the group stage.
Low will lead his side to play France on Thursday in their inaugural Nations League match.
Famous footballer Cristiano Ronaldo is not only a footballer but also an entrepreneurer, this time he has just made himself a boss after buy 51percent of Valladolid Football Club.
Ronaldo de Lima has become the majority owner of Real Valladolid football club, it has been reported.
According to The Sun UK, the Brazil legend purchased a 51 per cent stake in the La Liga club for £27million today.
Two-time World Cup winner Ronaldo, 41, bought the shares from Valladolid president Carlos Suarez, who will keep his position at the club.
The former Real Madrid, Barcelona, AC and Inter Milan star has invited fans to help him develop Valladolid into a Spanish giant.
Ronaldo is the new majority owner of Real Valladolid
Ronaldo, who will be chairman of the board of directors, said: “I have gone through many stages in my training in football to prepare myself. Football is a passion.
“We have the best resources to meet our goals, goals that are not going to stay here because we want to grow to achieve our dreams.
“This new management will be defined by four words: competitiveness, transparency, revolution and social.
“We want to form the best possible team to compete and report clearly our management. There will be a clear social content in all our actions.
“I want everyone to form this club and invite the fans to participate in this project. Give us ideas, opinions, criticisms and hopes. I want you to be part of the present and future of Real Valladolid.”
Ronaldo confirmed that Carlos Sanchez, left, would remain as Real Valladolid president
Suarez added: “The arrival of Ronaldo will put Real Valladolid on the map and allow the club to take a leap of quality.
“I welcome you to your home.”
He won two league titles with Real and the Copa del Rey with Barcelona during his time in La Liga.
Federal government has made a tremendous effort to avoid Nigerian soccer administrator been ban by FIFA body, as they have both common to consensus.
The Federal Government has embraced a working agreement that will see the country’s soccer administrators accept the Federation of International Football Associations (FIFA’s) statutes for the smooth running of the game, The Nation has reported.
This is coming after the Federal Government on Saturday dispatched a letter to FIFA’s headquarters in Zurich, detailing the agreement reached between both bodies, making it imperative on the world soccer ruling body’s chieftains to drop the proposed sanctions on Nigeria from noon today, if the leadership of Amaju Pinnick is not allowed to do its jobs at the Glasshouse of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), following the legal tussle in the country’s polity.
The report further revealed that FIFA chieftains are impressed with the progress made in the negotiations with top government officials leading to the drafting of the letter from Nigeria and are ready to work with the country which is a key stakeholder in global soccer, especially the young Nigerians plying their trade in Europe and the Diaspora.
Not much was divulged to NationSport about the content of the FG letter except for the fact all our national teams and club sides are to prepare for their matches and win laurels for the country like they have been doing in the past.
FIFA had some time last month written a letter to the NFF and the Nigerian government, on the need to resolve the crisis in the federation, especially the trend of taking football matters to the civil courts, which the world soccer ruling body frowns on.
“In line with article. 16, paragraph. 1 of the FIFA Statutes, the Bureau of the FIFA Council decided that if by Monday, 20 August 2018, at 12:00 (CET), the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) offices are not handed back to the legitimate NFF executive committee under President Amaju Pinnick, who was duly elected on 30 September 2014, the NFF will be suspended with immediate effect for contravening art. 14 par. 1 i) and art. 19, as well as art. 14 par. 1 a) of the FIFA Statutes,” the FIFA statement said.
“The suspension would be lifted only once the NFF, under President Amaju Pinnick and General Secretary Mohammed Sanusi, confirms that it has been given back effective control of the NFF and its offices.”
“Furthermore, the Bureau decided that if the suspension of the NFF takes effect, the Nigerian team currently competing in the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup France 2018 will still be allowed to continue to participate in the tournament on an exceptional basis given that the tournament is underway.”